Welcome!

Welcome to the blog. All the opinion on this blog is my own or as attributed. Thank you for reading - I hope you enjoy.
www.facebook.com/StephenRichardsonIllogan
@StARichardson

Saturday 13 April 2013

Rain stops play

Well rain seems to have stopped play as far as canvassing goes this week.

It has, however, been a very productive week!

I have spent many hours talking to residents and identfying issues that might be resolved by an active Cornwall Councillor. If I am elected then I will do my best to address them. If I am not elected then I will be pressing the successful candidate to take a look at the concerns of local people.

One strange phenomenon taht I have noticed is the absence of leaflets from the other candidates where I have canvassed so far. I am up against the Tories, Labour, Lib Dems and UKIP and I have neither seen another candidates leaflet nor had one delivered to my door as yet. Does this reflect the complacency of the Westminster parties, lazy candidates, paper candidates or have I just been canvassing areas off the beaten track - who knows?

One excellent piece of news is that I have received the endorsement of a legendary figure in Illogan's political history. Before ill health meant that he had to take things a bit easier, Terry Rowe had served the people of Illogan for many, many years.  He has been the chairman of both Illogan Parish Council and Kerrier District Council and was a County Councillor and was a member of the Liberal Democrats. Terry has not only offered his moral support and endoresement as his preferred candiadte but has, also, been providing practical help by displaying a sign board and helping me with canvassing. Thank you Terry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It won't be long before your comment is displayed. Thanks for taking the time to comment.